We believe the central truths of Christianity
as they are revealed to us in the Bible, including:
- The Unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The Sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
- The Virgin birth of our Lord Jesus Christ and his life on earth as both fully God and fully man.
- The Crucifixion; He was crucified, died, was raised bodily and ascended to heaven from where He will return, in glory, to be united with His church and to judge the world.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration and His indwelling in the life of the believer.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of all people since the fall, rendering them subject to God's wrath and condemnation.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone.
- The existence of Satan; while being the spiritual opponent of God and His church, he was defeated by Christ at the cross.
- The future bodily resurrection of all the dead for judgement.
- The practices of baptism and the Lord's Supper:
- Baptism as a testimony to the union of the believer with Christ in His death and resurrection
- And the Lord's Supper as a remembrance of Jesus' death on the cross and as a sign of the new covenant between God and man.
- One holy universal church which is the body of Christ and to which all true believers belong.
- The divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of Holy Scripture, as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
Detailed Statement of Faith with Biblical References