Detailed Statement of Faith with Biblical References
We believe in one God, the Creator of heaven and earth (1), who is the Keeper (2) and Perfector (3) of all things. He exists eternally (4) as three distinct but equal persons (5): Father (6), Son (7) and Holy Spirit (8). He is: Unique (9), Unchangeable (10), in all places simultaneously (11), Sovereign (12), all-powerful (13), self-existing (14), all-knowing (15), self-sufficient (16), true and faithful (17), of endless love (18), just (19) and Holy (20).
(1) Gen 1:1, 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
(2) Ps 16:1; Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge.
Dt 6:24; The Lord commanded us to obey all these decrees and to fear the Lord our God, so that we might always prosper and be kept alive, as is the case today.
Col 1:17 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
(3) Dt 32:4; He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.
Heb 12:2; fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
(4) Rev 1:17; When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.
Dt 33:27; The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemies before you, saying, ‘Destroy them!’
(5) Gen 1:26; Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
Isa 6:3; And they were calling to one another: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.”
Lk 3:21-22; When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”
Mt 28:19; Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
(6) Isa 9:6; For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
(7) Jn 10:33-36; “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.” 34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are "gods”’[a]? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?
Col 2:9; For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form
(8) 2Cor 3:17; Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
(9) Isa 40:18; With whom, then, will you compare God? To what image will you liken him?
Heb 4:15; For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin.
(10) Heb 13:8; Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
Mal 3:6; “I the Lord do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed.
(11) Mt 28:20; and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Ps 139:7-8; Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? 8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
(12) Job 23:13; “But he stands alone, and who can oppose him? He does whatever he pleases.
(13) Isa 40:10; See, the Sovereign Lord comes with power, and he rules with a mighty arm. See, his reward is with him, and his recompense accompanies him.
Rev 1:8; “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
(14) Jn 5:26; For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself.
(15) Jn 21:17; The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.
(16) Acts 17:24-25; “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands.25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else.
(17) Jn 14:6; Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Dt 7:9; Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God,keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.
Rev 19:11; I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war.
(18) 1 Jn 4:10; This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
(19) Dt 32:4; He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.
(20) Rev 15:4; Who will not fear you, Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed.
Isa 6:3 And they were calling to one another: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.”
We believe in Jesus Christ, our Lord. The Father has given His one and only Son (1),
conceived by the Holy Spirit (2), and born of the Virgin Mary (3), fully God (4) and fully
man (5). We believe that He was crucified and died to reconcile us to God (6), that He was
raised bodily (7) from the dead and ascended to heaven (8) as the supreme power in
heaven and earth (9). We believe that He will return in glory (10) to be united with His
church, to establish His eternal reign (11) of peace and to judge the world in righteousness (12).
(1) Jn 3:16 (2) Lk 1:35; (3) Mt 1:23; Isa 7:14; (4) Jn1:1; Jn20:28; Tit 2:13-14; (5) Phil
2:5-8; Ro 1:3; (6) Ro 5:10; (7) Col 2:13-15; (8) Act 1:9-11; (9) Eph 1:20-23; (10) Lk
21:27; (11) Jn 5:24-25; (12) Mt 26:27; 2 Ti 4:1; Mt 25:32;